- This event has passed.
Sexual Harassment Panel with Elevate
February 1 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 am
1800 50th St.
West Des Moines, IA 50266
What exactly is SEXUAL HARASSMENT?
When TIME magazine unveiled the ME TOO “silence breakers” as its 2017 Person of the Year, it was clear that sexual harassment will never be swept under the rug again. Its prevalence and extent of abuse by powerful Hollywood and media moguls appalled us all. Yet, some women and men are confused by what exactly is considered harassment of a sexual nature.
Join ELEVATE on Thursday, February 1st when our expert panelists peel-back this topic and answer questions such as:
- What exactly is harassment? Does it include being flirtatious? What about giving compliments?
- Are there multiple forms of harassment?…
- Who do you go if you’ve experienced harassment?…
- Is there a “spectrum” of appropriate and inappropriate behavior?
- What is the person harassing you is the boss? What do you do then?
- How is the METOO Movement impacting how women react?
Join us along with:
- Supervisor Angela Connolly, Moderator, Polk County Supervisor
- Melynda DeCarlo, Panelist, National and Regional Training Director, Meyvn Group
- Jaki Samuelson, Panelist, Attorney at Whitfield & Eddy
- Christy Smith, SVP, Panelist Corporate HR and Aureon Staffing
This group will break down down the issue of harassment so you’ll know what to do if you are ever confronted with its ugliness. Learn what women and men need to do to transform our culture to eradicate harassment in our lifetime. (Each of our panelist brings an unique perspective to the conversation)